Thoughts and questions, w. b. 7/2/21
- What does being a teacher mean if we don’t just limit this to Ordained Ministers?
- Why do you think teachers will be judged more harshly? – v1
- What Church teaching have you ever heard that, in your mind, you disagreed with?
James seems to be suggesting that it is possible to be perfect.
- In your experience, and in this context, is this achievable? Why/why not? – v2
The horse and the ship are steered by very small parts. In what ways do you think the tongue steers you? – v3-4
- What sort of things do we boast about? – v5
- From your knowledge of the Bible, what is it acceptable to boast about?
- How can what we say cause evil to exist within the Church? – v6
- Is James right in suggesting that we praise God at some times and curse men at others?
- What techniques have you found that reduce this attitude that shouldn’t exist? – v9-10
- If it were a choice, how do you choose to bless and not curse?