Thoughts and questions, w. b. 13/12/20
Within this reading the angel Gabriel arrives to tell Mary what is about to happen.
- What other instances can you think of concerning angels?
- Why do you think angels were used in these situations?
- How important do you think it is that Jesus came from David’s line? Why? – v27
- What do you think it means to find favour with God? – v30
- How, and when, do you see Jesus receiving David’s throne? – v32
- How would you describe the ‘Kingdom’? – v33
- In what ways do you represent the Kingdom?
The angel said, ‘No word from God will ever fail’ (v37).
- Do you think that this only applies to angel speech?
- Do you think it applies to other Bible passages?
- Do you think it applies to more? What else?
- Do you think that Mary considered the consequences before saying ‘Yes’ to the angel? – v38