Thoughts and questions, w. b. 20/9/20
We are continuing the story of Lazarus. Jesus delayed after hearing that he was sick, and, once He knew he was dead, He began the journey to visit the sisters. Here, He is just finishing off a brief conversation with Martha.
- Consider the four phrases of v27 (NIV). What do you think they a) meant to Martha, and b) mean to you?
I believe that you are the Messiah,
the Son of God,
who is to come into the world.”
- Jesus, it says, was ‘deeply moved in spirit and troubled’ (verse 33). What do you think this means?
- Consider the fact that Jesus wept (verse 35). Why did He? And how does this fact affect you?
It seems harsh that Jesus put the sisters and others through this grieving process when He could have healed Lazarus and saved them from it.
- What sort of difficult issues are you working through now?
- Does it help to know that Jesus loves you and weeps with you?