Dover Baptist Church
Thoughts and questions, w. b. 21/3/21
We are not told within this chapter whether the ‘certain place’ was a regular place for Jesus to go or not. We read elsewhere in Luke’s Gospel that He visited the garden of His arrest on more than that one occasion, so it’s possible that He had special places that He revisited.
We are encouraged to pray at the Church, during Sunday services and at prayer meetings.
- Do you find it easy to pray out loud in front of other people (whether in Church or on Zoom?
- If you find it difficult, why is this?
- Do you think it would help you if you wrote something down beforehand to read out?
Jesus went off by Himself to pray on numerous occasions.
- How easy do you find it to pray on your own?
- Do you have a favourite place, whether in the home or outside it, where you feel closer to God?
- Do you use the Lord’s Prayer (v2-4) as a literal prayer, as an aid to structured prayer, or not at all? Why?
- What do you think ‘Your Kingdom come’ means or looks like (when accomplished)?
- How do you understand the ‘daily bread’ reference? – v3
- How easy do you find it to forgive (note Luke’s reference to the present, not pushing it into the future!)? – v4
- Is there anyone that you still have not forgiven?