Thoughts and questions, w. b. 28/3/21
Jesus was returning, once again, to Jerusalem. I think it’s fair to assume that he knew that this was for the last time.
- What was the point of what Jesus had just been saying (Luke 19:11-27)? – v28
- Why is the sort of animal to be ridden important? – v30
- Do you think Jesus, described as ‘the Lord’, would have been known by the colt’s owners? – v31-34
- How, do you think, did Jesus know that the colt was there?
- What does the reference to the cloaks mean? – v35-36
- Read Psalm 118:22-29. Jesus will quote v22 later (Luke 20:17). Do you think the disciples knew this Psalm? If so, what were they declaring? – v38
- What do you understand by Pharisees calling Jesus ‘teacher’? – v39
- Why do you think the Pharisees complained?
Jesus suggests the stones could cry out (v40).
- What other Bible references do you know of where other created things are given a voice?