Thoughts and questions, w. b. 11/4/21
The two disciples were really feeling low at that time. And into their lives walks Jesus.
- How often (and where) do you discuss the gospel with others? – v14
- Why do you think the disciples didn’t recognise Jesus? – v16
- Can you think of examples of Jesus being a ‘prophet’ (someone who speaks for God) and ‘powerful in word and deed’? – v19
- How easy do you find it to believe all of the gospel message? – v20-23
- How important for you is the testimony of the Old Testament? – v27
- How many of the Old Testament references about Jesus can you think of?
- Why do you think the disciples recognised Him at the breaking of the bread? – v30-31, 35
- How do you think He ‘disappeared’? – v31
- Briefly, what would you say the resurrection means to you? – v34